Calling all St. Louis area wargamers, tis the season for helping others, giving gifts, and being charitable! Game Nite will be hosting a Warmachine Toy Drive Charity Event on Saturday, Dec. 19th, 2015. All toys collected will be donated to the Toys for Tots Organization.
Date: Saturday, December 19th,
- Registration and Open Play Starts - 10:30 am
- 50 point Steamroller Begins - 11:00 am
- 100 point Steamroller Begins - 3:00 pm
- 90 minute Medium Base Competition - 8:00 pm
- Event Ends at 10:30pm
Registration: Each participant is asked to bring a new and unopened toy in its original packaging valued at least $10.00 to donate to Toys for Tots as entry to this event.
- Please do not wrap toys.
- Please refrain from donating the following items:
- - toy guns or other weapons
- - latex products (eg. balloons)
- - scary action figures
- - food products (eg. candy)
Game MidWest Event Page: http://www.gamemidwest.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11004
FaceBook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1671711556410838/
Toys & Games Suggestions:
Batteries for toys, Outdoor Sports Equipment, Dolls (Barbie, Cabbage Patch Dolls, etc…), Doll Clothing & Accessories, Bicycles, Skateboards (All ages), Action Figures, Cars, Trucks, Board Games (All ages), Coloring Books & Crayons, Playhouse Toys, Lego Sets, Train Sets, Arts and Craft Sets (bracelets, beading, weaving, painting, sewing, and more)
- •50-point Steamroller 2015 rules & scenarios. 2 lists (optional). (11 am start)
- •100-point Double Caster Steamroller 2015
- •90 Minute Medium Base Competition
- •Open Play Tables Provided
- •Free Play
- •Grymch Stole Giving Day Table (See "No Quarter" Issue #63, pg 72 for more details on this game)
For each donated toy, the participant will receive 1 Charity Token for each estimated dollar value of the donation to be redeemed for perks during the Steamroller and in open play. (Subject to the Event Organizer's estimation of value. Appropriate donations purchased “in store” will be worth double Tokens!)
Charity Tokens and Charity Perks:
The Charity Tokens may be turned in to the event keeper to utilize a Charity Perk:
- 1 Charity Token = Re-roll all dice for a single roll. A roll can be re-rolled any number of times in this fashion. This can be combined with the other charity re-roll perk.
- 1 Charity Token = Make your opponent re-roll all their dice for one roll. A roll may only be re-rolled once in this fashion and cannot be combined with the other charity re-roll perk. Re-rolling the opponent's dice using a Charity Token may only be done once per match.
- 2 Charity Tokens = Re-roll any number of dice for a single roll (player picks the dice). A roll can be re-rolled any number of times in this fashion. This can be combined with the other charity re-roll perk.
- 2 Charity Tokens = Make your opponent re-roll their dice for one roll - you pick which dice are re-rolled! A roll may only be re-rolled once in this fashion and cannot be combined with the other charity re-roll perk. Re-rolling the opponent's dice using a Charity Token may only be done once per match.
- 3 Charity Tokens = Make a model/unit “Fearless” for one game.
- 5 Charity Tokens = Permanently increase your army points size limit by 1 for the Steamroller type events. Your army point size limit cannot exceed 10 points over the standard size (before calculating warjack/warbeast points and themed list benefits). NOTE: This will affect both of your lists if you brought more than one.
- 5 Charity Tokens = Run an “out of faction” Warcaster or Warlock in your army in an Open Play Game or on the Grymch Table (See No Quarter 63 pg 72). The played Warcaster or Warlock becomes “Friendly Faction” for the game.
- 5 Charity Tokens = Give a non-Warlock/Warcaster model/unit Advanced Deployment for 1 game.
- 5 Charity Tokens = Extend your Deployment Zone 2 inches for 1 Game. Cannot be used multiple times in a game.
- 10 Charity Tokens = Remove your Opponents Feat for the Game, which can be countered by said opponent spending 10 Charity Tokens.
- Expecting Signed Support from Privateer Press – TBD
- Mini-Concept Prints
- Each “Event” winner will get to pick from the pool at the end of the Steamrollers and 90 min competition.
- At 10:30 we will draw three names from the “bin” of turned in ticket halves.
- Second Place winners from each event will get a pick at 10:30 after the first three names.
- Names will then be drawn from the “bin” till either everyone present has a prize or we run out of prizes available.